Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thing 16

YouTube.

The video links on the NEFLIN 23 Things blog makes me smile every time I see it (and it's been a while since the first time I've seen it). And now that Lane Smith's It's a Book! is out, that video makes me think of his book. YouTube is great for lots of things, if you can wade through the garbage (although sometimes the garbage is also entertaining). My brother used YouTube to figure out how to install our parents' new dishwasher a few years ago. And I've heard that people have used it to learn to cook turkeys and all kinds of other useful things. I myself looked up a "slime" recipe video on there this past summer so I knew how to make it for one of my summer programs.

Speaking of summer reading, for the last two years, my library has posted our YS summer reading promotional videos to YouTube. Check out the video I created for this past year's summer reading program (in which I play Count Bookula). We were so glad to be able to link our video from our website to YouTube so patrons could view it.



There are lots of other fun videos on YouTube. One of my favorites is this one (for a bit of library/blonde humor) and here's another favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment