Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thing 6

Spelling things with flickr! This is cool! I've always wanted one of those pictures with my last name spelled out like this...

KMcElman_100416_0105 U letter N stencil T letter E letter R

As far as usefulness in the workplace - I'm not so sure how useful this would be for my library. Sharing photos online, however, is very useful for promoting programming or the library itself. I like the idea of highlighting certain parts of the collection, maybe a special collection or an underused area, new books, audio books, etc., so that patrons can see them on the website and maybe come in to check out the items in person. I brought this idea up at a meeting a few months ago, so it will be interesting to see if anything actually happens with it. Libraries could link a Facebook (or flickr) account to their website to promote programs and areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment